Monday

Mamarazzi Monday


Location Location Location

Q: How do you find cool/unique locations?
A: Jump in the car and take a drive. I don't think I can drive anywhere without something catching my eye.

Here are a few examples.

#1
Driving down the street... I notice two lonely cones sitting on a bridge... I add this spot to my mental list of "places to shoot".



A few weeks later, I found the prefect couple to take there.

#2
In the middle of this field (very left of picture) there is a little patch of... bamboo? Well, I don't know what it is but I LOVE it!

I have wanted to shoot at this location for years... seriously. It was worth the wait.

#3
I LOVE when the leaves change in the fall. Unfortunately, it happens very late in the season here in Texas and it doesn't last long. Oh, and to top it off! Only select trees change color. The rest never get the chance and just die. These ones were in the middle of the road.

I didn't care that we would be standing between 4 lanes of traffic. The trees. The light. The colors. Perfection.

Bottom line. The location might not be traditional, but that doesn't mean it won't work. I tend to shy away from the "popular" spots. Instead I prefer to think outside the box and try something new. There are amazing locations all around us, you just have to train your eyes to see them.

I find inspiration in color, texture and light. When I see something I like, I make a make a few mental or written notes about it. Think the 4 w's.
What, When, Where, Who

-What location (cones, bambo, tree, alley)
- When to shoot. What time of day would be ideal for shooting at this location.
- Where is it. Many times I see awesome spots, but forget where I saw them.
3- Who. What type of session, couple, family, senior?

I hope this helped.
Sorry pictures are so small.