Tuesday


Emily and Stephanie, the boot camp was incredible—so worth the trip from NC! You two are the perfect pair, delivering a great balance of technical and creative tips. Your presentation was thorough and well organized, filling the day but still allowing room for open discussion. Thank you for being so candid with your ...insights as a professional—and for speaking to us as mamarazzi yourself (I love the whole discussion about technical perfection not always being the goal). I came away from the boot camp with way more than I expected and had such a fun time, too. You two are great! I highly recommend your awesome boot camp. Thanks so much!

-Tricia, North Carolina (Dallas Mamarazzi Boot Camp)

Emily & Stephanie, thanks so much for a fun day a Mamarazzi Boot Camp! The class was well organized, extremely informative and very fun! Definitely worth a trip from NC to TX! Loved learning more about both the technical and artistic aspects of photography. Giving the group a glimpse of your post-processing techniques was an added bonus. Definitely felt like I attended a 101, 201, and 301 level class all in the same day. Appreciated your in-depth preparation as well as your flexibility to deviate from your presentation, based on our questions. Your style & approach lent to such an interactive day. It was a great learning experience and truly exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended!

-Brooke, North Carolina (Dallas Mamarazzi Boot Camp)


A friend of mine saw an ad for the Mamarazzi Bootcamp on Emily's website and she knew I was interested in photography and that I wanted to take classes, but I am a single divorced Mom that works full time and didn't have time to take a regular photography class at the local college and I didn't want to take one online. So, when I heard about the Mamarazzi Bootcamp, I knew this was exactly what I had been looking for. I registered for the class and looked forward to it for weeks. Finally, the day of the class arrived.

I cannot even describe how much this class has helped me. Emily & Stephanie were so welcoming and made me feel so excited to learn. We started out with getting to know all of the ladies there and then jumped right into the class. Emily taught about the different terminology and definitions and technical side of photography. This was a great foundation to learning how cameras work, why ISO and shutterspead and aperture matter, etc. Then Stephanie taught us about the artistic side of photography, which was the frosting on a foundational cake. I love the laid-back feel of the class. I always felt comfortable asking questions and loved learning from Emily & Stephanie, but also other women taking the class. It was a great day and the time just flew by.

Then, it was time to put into practice all the things we had just learned. Shooting in manual mode was something that I had tried a few times before and had failed at miserably. However, after all of the great things I had learned from Emily & Stephanie, I was ready to tackle that obstacle that had always been looming on the horizon. I switched my dial over to "M" and just started shooting using all the great tools and knowledge I had just gained. I learned a lot during that photo shoot. Taking the Mamarazzi Bootcamp class helped me by leaps and bounds and I have just continued practicing and learning even more. Here are some things I learned:

  • How to shoot in manual mode (this was a big step for me).
  • Learning what the little meter inside the camera is for and to make sure the little indicator is as close to the middle as possible.
  • How to meter for the background vs the subject.
  • How ISO, aperture, and shutter speed work together.
  • The importance of a good lens.
  • How to compose a better picture so there's less editing to do later.
  • Good ideas on how to save and back up pictures.
  • Recommended websites for more learning.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Mamarazzi Bootcamp to anyone wanting to learn about photography. As I learned in the class, we are all ameteurs and every time you pick up a camera, there is something new to learn. I saw an immediate improvement in my pictures after taking the class and am just continuing to learn and improve the more I practice. Emily & Stephanie were such great teachers and made a potentially intimidating situation completely relaxed and comfortable. It was worth every penny!

~Lisa, Dallas, TX